Job Title: Education and Community Programs Intern
Salary Range: This is an unpaid Internship
Reports to: Rachel Kiichli, Program Director
Employment Status: Temporary
About Bay Leaf Kitchen:
The mission of Bay Leaf Kitchen is to teach children and families how to create, cook and share sustainable, healthy food and to foster a connection between our community and our farmers. Our team includes many valued members of the community working together to create great learning experiences.
Description - General Function:
The Summer Intern at Bay Leaf Kitchen will work closely with Program Director, Rachel Kiichli, to plan and implement seven weeks of educational cooking programming during June, July and August, 2017. Applicants must be able to lead and actively participate in cooking activities with children, be able to effectively monitor behavior while using appropriate discipline techniques, and develop age appropriate activities during recess and on the farm. This position is responsible for helping to plan and maintain a safe, clean summer program site; ensuring a high level of program quality and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants. The Summer Program Assistant will provide a positive role model to counselors, staff members and youth within the philosophy of Bay Leaf Kitchen standards with emphasis on having fun in the kitchen.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR, preferred
- Must have experience working with youth / teens.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve, constructively, on the go.
Counselor Activities and Expectations:
- Arrive to work on time, as scheduled, ready to work.
- Supervise the campers during cooking and physical fitness activities, with first priority on their safety.
- Participate and encourage positive participation of all students in daily activities and events.
- Communicate your needs to Bay Leaf Kitchen leadership ie: asking questions when not sure what to do, asking for breaks when tired
- Be respectful of local and sustainable food.
- Food Allergies - Bay Leaf Kitchen runs a completely nut free program. We ask that you do not bring nuts into the kitchen or, even, with you to camp. Please be aware and careful of campers’ health.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Rachel Kiichli at email@example.com